Etsy Mini

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Peppermint "Back to Basics" Soap

Peppermint "Back to Basics" Soap 
 
The lovely simple soap lathers beautifully, is very moisturizing and has the invigorating scent of Peppermint. Get it this holiday season!

I began making handmade soap as an alternative to the beauty/bath bars on the market. Those bars are actually detergent based & strip your skin of its natural oils, leaving it dull, dry & itchy. Personally, I suffered from psoriasis on my scalp and no matter what combination of shampoo, oils, creams and lotions I tried, it kept coming back. I made my first batch of handmade soap as an act of desperation. Within DAYS, the pain and tightness and flaking disappeared and those bald patches started healing and allowing my hair to grow back in naturally. I am not making a “medical claim,” I am merely stating what handmade soaps did for me.

The cold process soap making recipe consists of water, lye and oils. Combined together the chemical process is called saponification; a hydrogen, oxygen, sodium and fatty acid reaction. Final product has no lye and is super-fatted with skin nourishing oils. The by-product of this process is glycerin. Glycerin behaves as a natural humectant - it draws moisture from the air into your skin. The vast majority of commercial soap makers extract this beneficial ingredient.

Each bar is blended by hand and made with top shelf vegetable-based oils for an eco-friendly product, safe for the whole family. Just keep them away from young eyes. These soaps are NOT tear-free.

I include a sample size soap free with every order. If you have a preference as to which sample soap you receive, please tell me. If there is no preference given or if I am out of a preferred soap, you will receive whichever is closest of a variety differing from what was ordered.

I will gladly combine shipping and will refund any shipping overcharges of $1 or more.


No comments:

Post a Comment